There are several different damages, including lost wages, that you may claim when another driver injures you in a car wreck. They include:
- Medical Bills paid in the past and in the future
- Pain and Suffering
- Mental Anguish
- Disfigurement in the past and the future
- Impairment in the past and in the future
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Earning Capacity
- Loss of Consortium With Your Spouse
So, as you can see, you can recover your lost wages in a Texas Car Accident Claim. Unfortunately, the insurance adjusters will often fight you on this at every turn. Therefore, you need to be deliberate in how you present your lost wage claim to the adjuster.
Factors You Should Consider in Your Lost Wage Claim:
- You can get compensation for sick leave.
- Keep up with the time you miss. Consider keeping a log of the time you miss from work, or better yet, get a copy of your employer’s log of the time you have missed.
- Locate somebody in payroll or a manager that will vouch for your lost wages.
- KISS – Keep it Simple, Stupid – the easier your lost wage claim is for the adjuster to understand, the better chance you have of getting it settled.
- If you are self-employed then you need to be able to show the amount you lost in a clear and simple way. If you are trying to claim “potential” work, then you will have problems. It is much easier to claim the bird in hand rather than the ones still in the bush.Actual signed contracts are much better than any potential contracts.
- Do you anticipate losing future earnings? You may get compensated for future earnings that you are going to lose, but you need to be able to show proof to the insurance adjuster. The more definite you can show your projected income to be, the better. The best evidence to show loss of future earnings is going to vary depending on the facts of your particular case.
If you want to try to recover lost wages and settle your case on your own, then please download our FREE REPORT on what the Insurance Companies DO NOT want you to know about your Car Accident Claim. Or, if you would like to speak to an experienced Texas car accident attorney, click HERE to schedule your FREE consultation today.